Hello friends –
Ben and I absolutely love these little spinach & mushroom quiche cups for breakfast! So much so that after we ate all of the ones that I made on Saturday morning, I made another dozen last night! On the weekends I serve these with sausage patties and toast but during the week I just pack us up 2 each and we eat them at our desk. Yes I know, so glamorous but at least it is a delicious way to start the morning. These are super easy and feel free to get creative with the recipe! How you enjoy these as much as we do.
Spinach & Mushroom Quiche Cups
Adapted from the manillaspoon.com recipe.
Prep Time: 15-20 min
Cook Time: 20-23 min
Servings: 12 quiche cups
- A little olive oil (for cooking the mushrooms)
- 1 (10 oz) package fresh baby spinach
- 6 - 8 eggs (depending on the size of the yolks)
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I use asiago, pecocino, or other Italian blend of cheese)
- 1 (8 oz package) sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 Tbsp, heavy cream or half-and-half (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Variation: You can substitute the mushrooms with asparagus or bell peppers instead!
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a skillet and sauté the mushrooms until they are soft. Approximately 5-6 minutes then set aside.
3. Place the spinach in a skillet and add a little water (about ¼ cup). Cook the spinach on low to medium heat until it is wilted which is approximately 3-4 minutes. Use a spatula to pack the spinach. Drain the excess water really well.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs until they are combined. Add the cooked mushrooms, spinach, cheeses, and heavy cream to the eggs. Mix well. Then season with salt & pepper to taste.
5. Divide evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Tip: I use a gravy ladle to make sure that I get most of the egg mixture into the actual muffin cups!
6. Bake for about 20-23 minutes. You can use a tester/toothpick inserted into the center and make sure that it comes out clean.
Love in Jesus Christ -