During a recent brinner (breakfast for dinner) at our Gospel Community one of our friends was talking about a reverse breakfast crock pot casserole. You make be thinking, what makes it reverse? In this case you put the crock pot on at night and then it is ready in the morning you wake up! My husband was immediately hooked and he researched how long to cook it and what ingredients we wanted to put inside of it. I must say we really liked this and my husband did an awesome job finding out about this! All props go to him. :) Hope you enjoy too! We put ours on to cook on a Saturday evening and it was perfect for Sunday morning before church.
Breakfast Crock Pot Casserole
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- 2 lb bag of hashbrowns
- 1 lb of sausage, browned & crumbled
- 1 lb of bacon, baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes then crumbled
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb of Mexican shredded cheese (or to your taste – we are big cheese eaters but I just guestimated.)
- A dozen eggs
- Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
Directions: (Prep time is the night before you would like to have this for breakfast!)
1. Bake bacon in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes for crispy bacon. Place cooked bacon on a plate with paper towels and dry off grease.
2. Brown crumbled sausage in a sauce pan until cooked all the way through, then set aside.
3. Put half the bag of frozen hashbrowns in the crock pot. Then salt & pepper to taste.
4. Put half the crumbled bacon and sausage on the frozen has browns.
5. Put half the chopped green & red bell pepper on top of the meat.
6. Sprinkle cheese over the bell peppers until covered. Repeat these layers one more time so that there is two layers of everything.
7. Wisk together a dozen eggs in a bowl and add a little bit of milk (about ¼ a cup). Sprinkle some garlic powder (about ¼ a teaspoon) in the egg mixture.
8. Slowly pour the egg mixture over all the layers in the crock pot so that it seeps down in the cracks.
9. Cook on low for 6-8 hours the night before you want to serve this delicious breakfast crock pot casserole.
I hope you enjoy eating this delicious breakfast this weekend!