This year I am doing Lara Casey's Power Sheets, which I LOVE by the way! I intended to do a whole post on my goals for the year but you know work and 10-Ks and coordinating a move with our church to a new building and ski season have just really taken over... Maybe I will do one later this month though. Anyways, one of my goals is of course home projects for the year. In Denver, everyone goes dormant in the winter then as April starts to come around the whole city kicks it into over drive and does a TON of home improvement projects. The rush is real. Contractors just stop caring and are so over booked there is a wait list of like 6 weeks just to get a bid, it is really something else. Each year I try to start getting bids in March so I can get on the schedule for renovations.
Ben and I had our annual meeting to discuss our house to dos so we can stay focused this spring and summer and accomplish our goals! Here is what we have narrowed down the list to:
- Full gut and renovation (I am so excited... I already have two contractors scheduled to come out this Friday to give us quotes)
- See my inspiration here!
- Replace the carpet with vinyl wood-esque flooring
- Do something with our exposed brick wall (yes, yes I know everyone loves it in theory but its not sanitary, it is crumbling, and just not really practical... We are probably going to put up dry wall.)
- Fix the windows
- Paint all of the doors, trim, and ceiling with fresh white paint
- Paint the rest of the walls grey
- Paint the front door & fix a piece of glass that has been broken since we bought our home
- Paint front porch ceiling with a fresh coat of white paint and switch out our old light fixture
- Re-seed & re-vitalize our grass (unfortunately it died and dried up last year after we sodded)
- Expand our garden by building some raised garden beds (SO excited about this!!)
- Refinish deck (the Colorado sun is so intense!)
- Organize storage under our deck
- Setup our outdoor fire pit
- Purchase an electric smoker (Ben is beside himself he is so excited about this... he at one point was telling me we could smoke 100 lbs of meat... Good LORD.. what are we gonna do with 100 lbs of meat!!)
- Front yard
- Re-fresh our front yard flower bed areas by pulling up our old rose bushes
- Re-vitalize our grass and mud patch (we finally killed all the weeds but now its just dirt)
- Pull up and replace a ginormous prickle bush by our porch
- Patch some wall areas around our new Nest and light switch plates then touch up the paint
- Replace our old smoke detector with the Nest CO2 and smoke alarm
- Replace the light fixture in the entry way
- Replace the light fixture in the hallway to our bedroom
- Poly the handrail & post
- This is leftover from last summer and really we have just been procrastinating like its nobody's business and could easily do this before the spring/summer arrives.
I will keep you updated with our progress this year. Our next plan is to finalize our timeline and budget for each of these projects!
Planning is my middle name -